Busy residential architecture and interior design firm on the Ipswich River looking for a Procurement/Purchase Order Coordinator to join our team!
Cummings Architecture + Interiors specializes in residential homes across the North Shore and the Greater Boston area. The firm has won numerous national awards and has been featured on This Old House.
We have a great office atmosphere and lots of fun!
The Procurement/Purchase Order Coordinator is the liaison between the Interior Design Department, customers, and vendors with the purpose of processing and tracking orders, while resolving any order issues that may occur during their progression. This position will work with the Office Manager regarding invoicing/billings, but will report directly to the Senior Interior Designer.
This role is an administrative function that supports the Interior Design Department by producing/organizing purchase orders, placing and tracking orders, communicating with clients and vendors about orders, etc. A proficiency in Excel is a must!
Below are the daily tasks related, but not limited to, the position:
- Preparation of client proposals and Purchase Orders;
- Oversee client purchases through all steps of the process: quote, reserve, issuance of Purchase Order, to receipt of goods-, track, receive, inspect, deliver & install;
- Responsible for project logistics during the course of a project;
- Work with designers to create budgets, update and track throughout project;
- Coordinate Freight/Storage on multiple projects. Arrange pickups, deliveries and maintain storage inventory;
- Create installation timelines and schedules. Organize all vendors, deliveries, and oversee all items during an installation;
- Create all work orders for projects and maintain positive relationships with various workrooms and vendors;
- Maintain client files, and materials in a precise and accurate fashion;
- Assisting with preparation of client presentations using graphic design software (i.e. PowerPoint, InDesign, etc.) when needed;
- Other interior designer department-related tasks such as ordering samples, tracking of samples, and assisting in department as needed.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent follow-up capabilities;
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to interact with customers, vendors, and fellow associates in a pleasant and productive manner;
- Knowledge of Windows and Adobe products – proficiency in Excel is a must!
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Buying/Supply Chain experience preferred
- Experience in (and general knowledge of) the furniture or home design industry is a PLUS
- High school diploma required; 2-year degree preferred
The fast-paced nature of the firm requires that the appropriate candidate be flexible, a quick learner, and be able to shift gears at any given moment. This person should also be self-starter, with a positive attitude and the ability to handle stressful situations. They must be able to take direction well, manage their workload, work well under pressure, tolerate interruptions and redirection, client requests, and recognize issues while offering alternative solutions with exceptional follow through. They should work well independently and as a team. Strong communication and documentation skills are required.
Read more about our work and our team at https://www.cummingsarchitectureinteriors.com/
Please respond by email explaining why you would like to be considered for this position and the unique strengths you would bring to our team. Please attach a PDF of your resume.
This is a full time position with certain company benefits.
This is not a remote work position. All applicants must be local and able to commute to the office in Ipswich.
Compensation: Hourly, commensurate with experience