Busy residential architecture and interior design firm on the Ipswich River looking for someone to support our Office Manager with bookkeeping, invoicing, and purchase order creation/processing.
The firm specializes in residential homes across the North Shore and the Greater Boston area and has won numerous national awards and has been featured on This Old House.
We have a great office atmosphere and lots of fun!
The right person will support the Office Manager in a variety of duties including bookkeeping, processing purchase orders, and creating invoices for clients. This position may also assist the Interior Design Department by communicating with vendors with the purpose of processing and tracking orders, while resolving any order issues that may occur during their progression.
The appropriate candidate will be experienced in QuickBooks and proficient in Excel! Experience with online billing platforms is a plus, but not necessary.
Below are tasks related, but not limited to, the position:
- Daily/weekly reconciling of business accounts in QuickBooks.
- Monthly reconciling of business and credit card accounts.
- Creating of invoicing for clients to be review and emailed by Office Manager.
- Transfer data from Purchase Order (PO) into company billing system.
- Responsible for purchase order entry and updates.
- Receive quotes/estimates from vendors and enter into PO system in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Keep track of and communicate status of upcoming POs.
Other tasks may be requested as time allows, such as:
- Placing orders for related POs as directed by the Senior Interior Designer or Interior Designer.
- Follow up with vendors for the shipping status of submitted POs.
- Ensure vendors provide accurate and detailed shipping timeframes/lead times.
- Work as liaison for the vendor, and/or customer, to resolve challenges that occur with orders.
- Ensure vendors and customers receive accurate, knowledgeable, and timely information on orders.
- Track all orders to ensure delivery and update as needed.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Excellent follow-up capabilities;
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and problem-solving skills;
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to interact with customers, vendors, and fellow associates in a pleasant and productive manner;
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Experience with online bookkeeping software (i.e. Quickbooks) is required.
- Buying/Supply Chain experience preferred
- Experience in (and general knowledge of) the furniture or home design industry, a plus
- High school diploma required; 2-year degree preferred
The fast-paced nature of the firm requires that the appropriate candidate be flexible, a quick learner, and be able to shift gears at any given moment. This person should also be self-starter, with a positive attitude and the ability to handle stressful situations. They must be able to take direction well, manage their workload, work well under pressure, tolerate interruptions and redirection, client requests, and recognize issues while offering alternative solutions with exceptional follow through. They should work well independently and as a team. Strong communication and documentation skills are required.
This position is currently part time (30 hours per week) with the potential to transition to full time.
Read more about our work and our team at https://www.
Please respond by email explaining why you would like to be considered for this position and the unique strengths you would bring to our team. Please attach/email a PDF of your resume.
This is not a remote work position. All applicants must be local and able to commute to the office in Ipswich.